Woo Hoo! I got out of the house this week!
So last week, I was getting a case of the baby blues. I am a new mom and being a new mom is indescribable. Its wonderful but a huge adjustment. My husband works 6 days a week, leaving me alone and stuck in the house all day with a newborn. This is difficult. Not the being a mom part. In fact, having a baby comes so naturally and I couldn't imagine not having my son anymore. The hard part is being alone. It is hard trying to adjust my schedule to involve completely around someone new, and trying to stay sane not talking to anyone. (that talk back at least) So last week as my eyes were blood shot from no sleep and I was still in my PJ's at 5pm because I hadn't had time to shower, eat or change yet, I sat on my couch and cried.
So this week I got out of house, and around people. Tuesday I went over to our friend, Melissa's house. She, too, is a stay at home mom with 2 beautiful children. We hung out and talked about motherhood. It really was refreshing. We both want big families, and enjoy being stay-at-home moms more then anything. It was great and I hope to do it more often.
Then on Wednesday, I went with my friend Kelly to a small group called, "A Mom for All Seasons." There was about 150 moms there, we sat in tables of 10 and talked, had fellowship, and listened to a guest speaker. It was nice to see mom's in all seasons of life and know that I am really not alone. It was also a nice reminder of how faithful and good the Lord is.
Today is Thursday, and Brandon is off for Veteran's Day. So Overall this week is wonderful. Just what I needed. Yay for refreshing weeks!
So this week I got out of house, and around people. Tuesday I went over to our friend, Melissa's house. She, too, is a stay at home mom with 2 beautiful children. We hung out and talked about motherhood. It really was refreshing. We both want big families, and enjoy being stay-at-home moms more then anything. It was great and I hope to do it more often.
Then on Wednesday, I went with my friend Kelly to a small group called, "A Mom for All Seasons." There was about 150 moms there, we sat in tables of 10 and talked, had fellowship, and listened to a guest speaker. It was nice to see mom's in all seasons of life and know that I am really not alone. It was also a nice reminder of how faithful and good the Lord is.
Today is Thursday, and Brandon is off for Veteran's Day. So Overall this week is wonderful. Just what I needed. Yay for refreshing weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment