Friday, November 19, 2010

"Crunchy Mom" ...Who Knew?

the only way I get things done.
So this is the only way I get things done, I have officially turned into a "baby-wearing" fool. I wear my baby around the house, at the store, everywhere. Its the only way I get things done, I put Gibby down and he fusses, so with my lovely Moby Wrap  Gibby can have his Mommy and I have both of my hands!


So this is what started my revelation: I am a big fan of babycenter.com
I suggest it to anyone who is pregnant, trying to get pregnant or already have a child or even an angel baby. You can join different "chat boards" and talk to women in similar situations anyways in the board I belong to someone stated, "I am a proud breast-feeding, stay at home, baby-wearing, attachment parenting mommy" and I thought "Hey? I am all that stuff, but what is attachment parenting??"

It turns out attachment parenting is MY parenting style and I was so excited to read about it.
Attachment parenting principals:
  1. Birth Bonding - Preparation for Pregnancy, Birth and Parenting
  2. Breastfeeding - Feed with Love and Respect
  3. Baby Wearing- Respond with Sensitivity, Nurturing Touch
  4. Bedding Close/Co-sleeping - Ensure Safe Sleep, Physically and Emotionally
  5. Belief in Language of Baby's Cry- Provide Consistent Loving Care
  6. Beware of Trainers - Practice Positive Discipline
  7. Balance - Strive for Balance in Personal and Family Life
Yep all me, and honestly never things I thought I would be. However, Gibby hardly leaves my side (especially now with my handy dandy Moby Wrap) but I wouldn't have it any other way. I think the benefits of having each other out weight any consequence and eventually it will be beneficial in his life and they way he develops and learns.

So now I can say:
"I am a proud breast-feeding, stay at home, baby-wearing, attachment parenting mommy"

1 comment:

  1. You guys are adorable! I love the baby pack arounds. They were one of the best inventions ever. Have a fun weekend. Lots of love from Goldendale.

    ReplyDelete