Sunday, September 5, 2010

C is for: Contraction in Costco.

Like my husband said, "And So it begins....."

Yesterday, I was walking around Costco getting things for my baby shower. And it hit me, my first contraction. I have been crampy before but never really knew what I was feeling, also minor Braxton Hicks but not painful. Well this stopped me dead in my tracks. I now understand, what everyone (including my doctor) have told me "you will know when you are having a contraction" and "it starts at the top of your stomach and has a distinct beginning and end." These statements confused me but since I am a first time mom I just nodded my head and said okay.
AND NOW I GET IT!
The top of my stomach became very tight, it almost felt as if all the pressure was pushing down my stomach. I didn't really know what was happening and I rubbed my belly and called to my mom, "what is this, it hurts!" lol. She started to rub my belly and said I think you are having a contraction, breathe. Its almost like you forget to breathe because it hurts. I wasnt in tons of pain but it was shocking and its pain you never have really experienced before, its a different feeling. The pain finally subsided but my stomach was still tight....then slowly it started to ease and become squishy again. It defiantly had a very distinct beginning and end.
I then looked at my mom and said, "I dont like those, that hurt." She laughed at me and said, "Oh Courtney, its just going to get worse..." hahha GREAT, Thanks Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment