Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Pregnancy Wish

So...my wife's pregnant. She has been for four months. You'd think after four months that I would quit asking if she's OK or if I can do anything for her mysterious aches and pains that go by names like round ligament pain. The truth is, I can't. No matter how much it bugs her (cuz it does) I can't stop. I can't stop because, well, I'm a little jealous.

I wish I could bond with my child the way she can right now. There is a life inside of her. There's a destiny literally being birthed inside her belly. Knowing that our child is going to grow up and accomplish so much makes the pain of the first trimester and that of childbirth seem so minuscule compared to the potential that will be unleashed in about five months.

I love you Courtney. i am so excited to meet our child!

1 comment:

  1. Love that Post Brandon ! I know that feeling all to well. But believe me son, the moment you lays your eyes on that baby from that second forward YOUR life as you know it will never ever be the same again. Your Life will take on a different meaning and purpose.. THERE WONT BE ANYTHING YOU WILL NOT DO WITHIN YOUR POWER FOR YOUR CHILD! Have Fun & get ready !!
    Love You, Frank (Dad/Grandpa)

    ReplyDelete