Monday, February 20, 2012

Oh My Achy, Burning Heart

22 Weeks
22 weeks pregnant and 18 weeks to go (or 16.5 since I am shooting for June 14 delivery date) Of course, if the baby is ready and healthy at that point.... =D  
According to baby center: At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. Her lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and she's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath her gums. Her eyes have formed, but her irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. (Which will hopefully be blue! I love my son's blue eyes)

She is growing like a wild flower! And giving me heartburn to prove it. Everything is giving me heartburn a symptom I had with the Gibster too. Tums is great, but I hate taking it all the time. Slurpees help but we only have so much money to spend on Slurpees!

I am getting excited, today I made a baby registry, I was not going to but I did it more for a list for me to remind me what I need. Also, sometimes the parents will get a discount if we buy off our own registry, I am all about discounts, my husband made me that way. Most of the big stuff we are going to buy will be done off craigslist because we really just cant afford new stuff. (Like our $400 double stroller and even our $150 swing and bassinet.) Aubrey's clothes pile is growing, I am constantly getting surprise packages filled with pink clothes and I love it! Its hard not to buy stuff every time I am in the store, so I know it is hard for all my family too! My grandma sent me this sweet little pink outfit that says 'little sister' on it and I have decided it will for sure be Aubrey's coming home outfit! =) Now she just needs a big, cute, light pink bow to match!

In other news, my son is adorable. (in case you didn't know) He is growing so fast, it makes me so sad to see how much he is growing. His canine teeth are coming in and as soon as they do his smile will no longer contain gaps! It makes me so sad, I miss his gummy smile already. Also, he is officially done with nursing. He has been done for awhile but every once in awhile he would still "ask" for it or in the middle of the night he would attach himself. I never denied him because I want him to be able to comfort himself if needed.  But he has not asked for it and at night he just holds on and doesn't even try to latch. Tonight he just curled up in my lap and fell asleep, did not even want his bottle.  

I do not know how I am going to handle Aubrey growing up, knowing she might be my last makes things so much harder. 


1 comment:

  1. It does seem like time is going incredibly fast. I wish it would slow down some. Thanks for the new post. I always enjoy reading them.

    ReplyDelete