Anyways, I bought the "No Cry Sleep Solution" by Elizabeth Pantley
Great Book so far!! I am only halfway but I love it and I am not sure if it really works but I am going to start trying it out very soon!! (Ill keep you posted!) Anyways, Gibby is a great sleeper. There is a catch he likes to sleep with us, he likes to be held and if he wakes up he wants to be nursed back to sleep! So its not too bad. I have been doing it for 7 months and its worked great BUT I really want him to be able to fall asleep without being nursed, sleep through the night and sleep in his own room!
*Gasp* "Does that mean, Courtney, that Gibby sleeps with you everynight? In your Bed? With you and Brandon??" Yes!! It does!! Every night Brandon and I sleep with Gibby cuddled between us. "Between you??? How do you even have a sex life!?" Actually Brandon and I have a great sex life (hi mom, dad, lauren and all the others who don't wanna hear about our sex life.) You don't always have to have sex at night and it does not always have to be your bed *wink wink* haha awkward BUT its true and we love cuddling with our baby all night! So whats the problem you ask?? Gibby is getting too big!! He hogs the bed, moves around, wakes up in the middle of the night and starts crawling; yes crawling around. He has fallen off the bed twice and let me tell you a loud thump and a screaming child is a horrible way to wake up!
So for now we pushed our bed against the wall and I am reading this book! It is suppose to help set a routine for your child and eventually teach them to fall asleep by themselves and stay asleep. I can not and will not let him cry it out! It breaks both Brandon's and my heart to let him cry. I feel like if crying is his only way of communication and for 7 months I have cuddled and nursed him to sleep then how can I put him in a dark room, all alone and expect him to be comfortable enough to fall asleep. So far the book as been a wonderful support and I hope it is as successful as some people swear by =)
Wish Me Luck!

No comments:
Post a Comment