Monday, October 18, 2010

Take Your Vitamin, Courtney!

So Breastfeeding is an amazing experience. 
From day one, Gibson has done an amazing job latching and eating. I enjoy the time 20 minutes, every 3 hours, I get to spend with him admiring his face, looking into his eyes and just holding him. Yes it can be difficult. Some days my nipples are sore, some days my boobs are engorged and almost all the time I am exhausted. Breastfeeding is an around the clock job, every 3 hours I have someone attached to me chowing down on all my nutrients. And Brandon (as much as he wants to) cant really do anything to help.

"Yes, I do fall asleep and with wake up with my boob still out of my shirt and Gibson sleeping peacefully next to me."
I have started to pump (mostly to build my supply) and have given Gibson a bottle only a handful of times however, I do not like doing that. At least not right now. He is still little, my baby. He still needs that time, that bond and I still want to give it to him. Just like I do not want to leave him right now, not because I am "a paranoid mom" but because for 9 months I carried him and I just want to be with him and I want him to know that I am here for him. For 9 months he listened to my voice and my heartbeat and I have no desire to take that away from him. (at least not right now)

Anyways, back to my point...
Its exhausting. Gibson is literally "sucking" all my nutrients from me. So forgetting my prenatal vitamin in the beginning of the day is a BIG NO NO! 
I've learned my lesson multiple times and you think that I would remember to take it. But like today I forgot.....again. So what happened?? 
I slept until 3 this afternoon! I would wake up, feed the baby, and we would fall back asleep. If I forget to take my prenatal vitamin I literally can't function. I have absolutely no energy. None. I don't eat, I don't use the bathroom, I do nothing. It takes all I can to move. Today I forgot my prenatal and finally took it at 3:00pm when I woke up. Literally I from the moment I took it, everything changed. I was actually able to keep my eyes open, eat and use the restroom. It was great =)

So moral of the story: Take your vitamin Courtney!! 
The End!



No comments:

Post a Comment