Sunday, October 3, 2010

Low Fluids, Mucus Plug, Pre-Labor, OH MY!

Okay, so let me back up.... Last Sunday, Brandon and I went into Labor & Delivery for some pain I was having in my ribs. My Dr had told me if this started to happen I needed to call and get monitored because this whole pregnancy my blood pressure has been "wacky" and bad blood pressure runs on both sides of my family as well as preeclampsia. I was not having any other problems, so knew it should be a pretty easy visit.

After about an hour of being hooked up to a fetal heartbeat monitor, a contraction monitor, blood work and two urine samples, the midwife on call told me I looked good, and the baby was perfect. However, as I was checking out she says to me, "I would like you to start Non Stress Test twice a week and I am going to put you on low activity bed rest..."
ummm what? but okay.....
To this day I am still not sure why she did this since she claimed I was doing great not even 5 minutes before. Im guessing just precautions because my blood pressure is crazy and also I was contracting frequently during the exam.

Anyways, I now do Non Stress Test (NST) twice a week now: Tuesdays & Fridays all the way until I deliver. They are comforting so I don't mind them. During my first exam they found out I have low amniotic fluid. (They do not want your fluids below a 5 or higher the n 24.....)My first test my fluids were at a 5.4!! Not good! The nurse told me to drink as much water as I can and by my test. So on Friday they  re-checked and my fluids were at 9.2. Better but still lower then they like to see.

Anyways, Friday...I lost my bloody show. I had been shedding my mucus plug for over a week and finally it was tinged with blood. I have read this is very good, because it means the cervix is dilating and baby is dropping. I have also read that the bloody show could indicate labor is around the corner 24-72 hours. I have no idea if this is true, many women have different claims on this ....and I can only wait and see.

However, since yesterday morning (when I lost my show) my back has been MORE achy, I have been MORE exhausted and my stomach seems MORE tight. I am hoping this means labor is approaching. Every time I think "oh this hurts or this might be the real deal," the pain subsides, or the contractions do not become consistent.

I am over this though, and can not wait for the day the pain gets worse!! 

1 comment:

  1. Baby, I hope it comes sooner rather than later. You're a great mother already. I can't wait to hold him in my arms and lay him down on my chest.

    ReplyDelete