Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Premature Labor or Diarrhea!?

Yes this post is filled with a little "TMI" (to much information). However, this is my pregnancy blog and I try to write about all the little things that make up pregnancy. Because, Hey, it may be beautiful, but its not beautiful ALL the time. Its filled with constipation, hemorrhoids, aches, pains and cramps.


Okay, I know gross!!! and I am very sorry! BUT, this is a very SERIOUS problem in pregnancy. And I am only being truthful. Especially when you are in the stage of pregnancy, when everything is uncomfortable and labor can possibly happen!! (which I am in).... Here are signs of premature labor:

Premature Labor Signs and Symptoms
1. A contraction every 10 minutes or more often within one hour (five or more uterine contractions in an hour) 
2. Menstrual-like cramps
3.Low, dull backache 
4. Pelvic pressure that feels like the baby is pushing down 
5. Abdominal cramps that may occur with or without diarrhea


And some other symptoms that I will save you from with detail .... However, these are the main signs of premature labor and if you study closely, these are the exact same symptoms you may have after eating greasy mexican food or have while being constipated. 

So the question is, How do you know if your are going into labor??? Or you just need to spend some time on the toilet??!! 

Well I spent the last 3 days in this debate.... I was in pain. I had tightening in my stomach that would wake me up from deep sleep. I would have to drop what I was doing and concentrate on breathing because the abdominal cramps were unbearable. I had bad back cramps, and I would feel so sore all over like I was beaten with a baseball bat.  I did have pressure on my bladder, that would cause me to go "number 1" every 15 minutes. (does that count as pelvic pressure, I dont know?)

BUT, I knew I wasn't constipated... *Ill spare you how I knew this ;) haha* and I was not having diarrhea. Braxton Hicks are always a possibility. But this is my first child, I dont know what Braxton Hicks, Contractions, or Labor feels like. To me, for all I know, it felt like I ate really bad food! 
Everyone was telling me to call the doctor, or in my case, labor and delivery. However, the last thing i wanted was to call and them tell me "sweetie, you need to go to the bathroom!" I mean how embarassing is that!!!!???? So, I sat in silence for 3 days and kept telling myself "if I have one more, I will call the doctor..." I tried to make sure there was not a pattern and there wasn't. I did not have any leaking fluid, or any "abnormalities where babies come from." 

As of today, the pains have disappeared. Three days of stress and wonderings are over, it was scary. I continue to sit here and wonder, what exactly just happened, should I be concerned, and will it happen again??

Nobody wants to go into labor early. As much as I want to love my baby, see my baby and hold my baby he needs  "me" still, my nutrients, my womb, my warmth and even my breath. The last thing that develops fully are the babies lungs. So if babies come early most need  steroid shots to keep their lungs expanded and/or oxygen. I do not want to have Gibson go through that. That would be heartbreaking. 
Keep Cooking Gibby!

Hopefully, I won't feel these pains again until I am well over 37 weeks. And If I do "I promise to call the doctor mom!" =) I also hope that if I do actually go into labor I know and I don't think I just have to spend some time in the bathroom. Because I have no idea what to expect!!!!

Also for my readers/followers, sorry for the details that you probably did not want to hear. But again I only speak truth ;) 
So Until Next Time..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment