Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Emergency Room

So as I am sitting, doing homework, my son is playing, running around and being a boy. All of the sudden a hear a THUMP and a loud cry and immediately know this isnt good. 
I pick him up and look at his forehead where he has a huge HOLE in his head! The picture does not speak justice for how the hole actually looked.

He was playing, tripped and fell right into the corner of our TV stand. (DEJA VU) Not only did this happen less then a month ago, but it was the exact same corner. Only difference, this time it was a lot worse. I quickly sweep him up and apply pressure to the gushing wound. I frantically try to call Brandon but I am so shakey can not manange to dial the correct digits. 

Finally, I get a hold of Brandon and he rushes home. We headed to the ER for the 2nd time in one month and I cried.How could a good mom let this happen again? And why does my precious baby have to go through this?
He had to get 3 stitches, which was so sad, the doctors kept tell me its not going to hurt him. But my son's face spoke other words. With every needle going in his face would turn bright red and he would scream. In obvious pain I had to stand back so I wouldn't punch the doctor in the face and grab my little boy from the table he was tied up on.

He wore his stitches for 5 days, and got them taken out yesterday. He has a big bandage on his head now so I have not seen the wound since his stitches came out but I hope that is the last visit to the emergency room for a long time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment