Everyday he reminds me that life is precious. The way he enjoys exploring, and becomes so proud when he does something new. I spend all day with him and he still surprises me. I could not imagine life without him nor would I want him. People look down on having babies quickly after marriage, people try so hard to plan the precise moment when a baby should come into the world. But is it really up to us? No. And it shouldn't be.
Gibson has taught me so much about life, so much about love, and even more about God. You do not know this love until you have a child of your own, its not even imaginable. I believe God puts children in our lives to teach us a lesson, about love and about life. I look at Gibson and he is perfect, I dream of his future and his life. In the same way I am sure God thinks of me. It breaks my heart knowing that he will do wrong, that he will make mistakes on the way, and I am sure he will disappoint me but he is my son and I love him more then anything. Again, the same way I am sure God loves me.
So again, why is it so important to plan, its not. Tomorrow is uncertain, so why plan for the future all we have is now. If it is in Gods will, then it will happen. He already knows what will happen next; so why stress about something that is already set. I guess some people want to put out an image that their life is perfect, well trust me, my life is far from perfect and I would not have it any other way. Perfect seems boring and fake. (and even more annoying)
I would much rather have unplanned, random adventures and lots of love!
I love reading your thoughts and perspective. This year has gone by incredibly fast. I agree that you do learn so much about God by having children. You never cease to love them, to cry for them, to pray for them, to worry about them, to hold them close in your heart even when you can't see them as often as you'd like to. Life is a wonderful journey!
ReplyDelete