So I spent the last 5 days in Las Vegas, with my Little Brother. Andrew is only 10 but he is my hero.
He was born with a heart condition that has put him through many surgeries and months in the hospital. I have a special place for him in my heart and all he has been through. I'll never forget one stay after a surgery, It was a scarey one. He was hooked up to tons of machines, tubes everywhere in his tiny 1 year old body and he still would manage to smile and "laugh" at me when I tickled his feet, and talked to him. Also, another stay where the doctor pricked his feet for blood and Andrew would scream my name (to rescue him), and all I could do was sit there and watch, feeling helpless and growing furious at the doctors and nurses holding him down. He is a strong little dude and for that I look up to him as much as he looks up to me. He really is my hero.
Now, he is a normal 10 year-old boy: he gets an attitude and every once in awhile will still want to cuddle. These last five days have been fun, and have made me more excited to raise a Son.
I went to his school one day and volunteered during their field day! Sure, it was 98 degrees outside but it was fun watching the kids run around and participate in the different events. After field day, I got to eat lunch with Andrew and all his friends. Thus, I had lunch with about seven 4th grade boys. That was an adventure, one I cannot wait to experience with my son. Most of our conversations this week have been about Legos, youtube videos, Star Wars, what he wanted to eat and a lot of questions about Gibson. He is so excited to be an uncle. Luckily while I was here the baby moved non-stop. Allowing Andrew to feel him. It was a great feeling, seeing Andrew's eyes grow wide as Gibson interacted with him.
I have missed being home and I do miss my husband. This week has been tough as some people have made me really upset by acting as if the baby is not a big deal, when in fact they should be top priority to be with baby after birth. Others are questioning choices I make, when in fact I am an adult with my own family. And I have been stressed out about moving when I am not even home to help move. Its been an emotional week, so I am ready to go home but I wouldn't trade this last week for anything.
I love my Baby Brother.
Thats a GREAT Story Honey..
ReplyDeleteKeep doing as You are and allow yourself to allow who your speaking of to rise to the ocassion. It will automatically be decided who takes a back seat in Gibsons life and who is riding Up front !
I Know right where ill be and i cant wait ! I Love You Honey
Aww.. this is a great story. Your brother was excited as I read it to him.
ReplyDelete